SHAKEOLOGY REVIEW


This is the new nutritional supplement from Beachbody. When I first heard of it, I had no desire to order it at all. As the weeks went by and the hype got bigger, each day I found myself being seduced by the brilliant marketing. Who could resist the bold black and green color scheme and a website with floating fruits and vegetables? It was almost like being hypnotized as the words from the numerous written and video taped testimonies drifted in and stuck to my brain. And as if that wasn’t enough, I had many of my colleagues eager to give ‘reel time’ taste tests with not a dissenting voice in the bunch. Shakeology was delish!

It was all too much. Four of my senses were on sensory overload and thus my fifth sense longed to be a part of the action. I broke down and ordered it. Friends tried to talk me out of it, not because they didn’t believe it was a great product, or even because they thought it was too expensive (it will run you $119 retail for a 30 day supply), but because quite frankly—they know me.

I am the girl who does not like my foods to touch or my condiments to mix. I’m funny about smells and the look of my food. I’m finicky with a capital ‘F’. But I figured, what the hell. I took the leap to give it a good honest try.

I’d researched the Shakeology recipes and I knew exactly what I was going to do. When the bag arrived, enclosed in a box, with a address lapel and dents from it's travels, I wasted no time, opening the bag, while my ¼ cup orange juice, ¾ cup water and ice, stood by, for the scoop, of Greenberry Shakeology that was going to bring it all to life.

Upon opening the bag, I was greeted by a vitamin-y waft of brownish green haze. I felt a precursory warning in my stomach, but I was not to be deterred. I could do this. I threw everything into a cup, gave it a twist and my magic bullet roared. As I waited, I even did a jig I dubbed my Shakeology dance.

Finally, I was ready for a taste test. So here is my review:

I can’t say I like it or dislike it. My stomach turned the whole time I drank it or shall I say chugged it. I was turned off by the smell and the taste—for me-- was not as great as I’d been lead to believe. I spent the rest of the night doing my best to keep it down because I was immediately overcome by an intense feeling to throw up. I grabbed my bag of Greenberry Shakeology, carefully put it back in the box and set the box by the door, as it soon would be marked—return to sender.

Not wanting to be a wimp about it, I decided to give Shakeology another spin. This time I tried it with 8 oz of orange juice and the taste was a little better but yet again, I chugged it to finish the glass.

I’m at an impasse. I now must decide if Shakeology’s claim--increased energy, regularity, and weight loss assistance among others--is worth stimulating and possibly activating my gag reflex everyday.

The jury is still out.

Shakeolgy comes in two flavors Chocolate and Greenberry. It retails for $119. To order your Shakeology, click on the shop for products link at the top.

(As Dr. Phil would say- I don't ask you to substitute my judgment for your own.)


Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

Label Cloud