Life's Hurdles


I ran into my old personal trainer today. The guy who helped me lose 25 pounds, there a stones throw away from me. If only I had special powers to be magically transported to another place. I wished for it but it didn't happen. So there I was with gained back pounds embedded on my hips, thighs, and abdomen. My stomach started to rumble as if the pounds that had returned to me were laughing at the embarrassment I was feeling. I spoke uncomfortably without giving any real eye contact and before he could engage me in conversation, I rushed off to my car, jiggling all the way--hoping he didn't notice, but feeling certain he had.

As I rode home, I'd become angry with myself. Why had I'd allowed myself to feel ashamed about gaining back weight. Sure, when any of us enter into a method of weight loss, we do so with the thought we are never going to gain it back, even the best laid plans can and--often do--go awry.

I should have been proud of myself. I am taking an active role in my weight loss. I just couldn't take that I was being scrutinized, judged, and looked upon with shame, but not by my former trainer, by ME.

Don't let others judge you and more importantly don't judge yourself. In our day to day lives, we have ups and downs and it would serve to think that our journey of weight loss will not be any different. I've learned to embrace the ups and downs as an experience that is uniquely me and to know that as long as I continue to keep moving in a forward direction, I will eventually make it to the finish line, whether I run a perfect race and jump all the hurdles, or find myself tripped up by life's hurdles, there is only one goal. FINISH!

Author- Reesy

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

Label Cloud