IT'S HERE!!!


It began Dec 11, 2008. Chalean Extreme, the program I'd been anticipating since October, had been posting in the coach's store. The official sale day was Friday, Dec. 12th--midnight--eastern time. I had set my alarm to wake me up at
11:50 pm, so I could be one of the first to order it. So, imagine my surprise when I saw it posted around 7pm, Thursday night. I would be one of the first to order it, thus being one of the first to receive it and thus being one of the first to try it. I quickly got my credit card and slap down $152 and change, for the basic package, deluxe DVD and of course two-day air shipping.

All night I thought of nothing else as I'd finally ordered the program I felt would really change my life. I would soon have it in my hands by Tuesday or Wednesday and soon my transformation would begin.
Friday night, when I saw no shipping confirmation email, I started to worry. Every other time I'd ordered anything, my confirmation came the next day. Saturday, still no confirmation. On Monday morning, I decided to give a call, to 'check' the status but knowing in my heart the package had all ready shipped or was about to. Catherine, my lovely customer service rep, gave me the verbal confirmation I'd needed to hear; a full throated guarantee--my Chalean Extreme would definitely ship Monday night.

Tuesday--no confirmation. Wednesday--no confirmation. Thursday--no confirmation. Friday--no confirmation.

Each day a new call to voice my frustration and each day given a different version complete with customer-service-101-training-manual-boilerplate-lines, "I understand your frustration" and "I apologize for any inconvenience.", of why my packaged hadn't shipped. This only intensified my frustration, which was now a full on rage. Yes, you are reading the diary of a mad black woman, fitness edition.

Backorders, no stock, can't meet demand, computer glitches, it was anyone's guess what was really happening. All I knew is that I was among a furious group of people who placed 'early' orders only to listen to others, who ordered later receive their packages with express joy that should have been ours.

Saturday--confirmation.

Great, with two day air shipping, I would have Chalean in my hands by Tuesday, Dec 23rd, a full 12 days after ordering it. NOT.
Monday morning when the tracking information finally updated, Wednesday, Christmas Eve was the scheduled delivery day. Math has never been my best subject. This seemed like three days; not two. What brown was doing for me was pissing me off. Here we were on Christmas Eve, the package out for delivery to my work place, which was closing at noon. As noon approached, my co-workers and management, all said their well wishes and vacated the premises. A felt a chill from the swiftness of their good-byes. There I was held hostage by the package I couldn't wait to get in my hands. Lingering co-workers asked what I was going to do as it had become clear, no one shared my dogged determination to stay put. This was clear to me when I was asked, if I could wait to get the package later. I was aghast someone had the nerve to mention the word 'wait' and 'package' in the same sentence.

Two co-workers took pity on me, returned to the office and decided to wait it out with me. Aww, true friends. Now, on a buddy system, I had time to run and errand. I left the office for a quick bite to eat but before I could make it to the end of the street. My phone rang. It was my office with an excited co-worker delivering the news I'd waited over a week to hear--"It's here!" A quick u-turn and my best Danica Patrick impersonation later, I got back to the office. As I turned the corner to my desk, there in my chair sat a small box. I stood there for a minute as I couldn't believe the emotion I was feeling. To my surprise, I wasn't overjoyed or eager to rip it open. I was disappointed. I said out loud "Is that it?" My co-worker said "Yes, what were you expecting." For all of the phone calls, the numerous curse words, the shouting, the screaming, the tears, the feelings of nausea, the
sleepless nights, I expected something mightier, something grander.

My co-workers danced an off-beat jig of happiness for me. They were thrilled as I'd unexpectedly thrust them into the days of my life Chalean drama. I gave my Christmas hugs and kisses, scooped up my box, chucked it into my car, and drove home. Even when I arrived home, I waiting a couple hours to open it up. Once I did, oh boy, a new flood of emotions.....stay tuned!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

Label Cloud