Do I live in the moment or am I constantly worried about the past or future?

If you are anything like me, you spend your time residing in the shoulda-coulda-wouldas and the-I- wish-I-would-have-dones or the one-day-I will-do-this. You never really stop and acknowledge the essence of right now.

We miss the shear feeling of being alive when we are not in the moment. Yes, we should all have future plans and we should even learn from our pasts. But history is not a place to habitation, it's just a point of reference and the future is not a fantastical magical place, it just be something to look forward to.

When we embark on a journey to become better, as humans do find ourselves in moments where we we go off plan for one reason or another. We can find ourselves becoming self deprecating when we miss a workout or eat something not on our list. Living in the past means we think about that moment (our screwup) far beyond THAT MOMENT, when the reality is that once the workout is missed or the food is eaten, a new moment begins. On this journey, we fantasize about our perfect numbers and our perfect time frame. We dream about how our lives will become so much better when we reach our goals, reality is the pounds we haven't lost or the the .4 pound we have lost is worthy of being recognized right now, the reality is also that our happiness is not based on a perfect set of statistics and the greater reality is that if we are not truly, happy, WHOLE people right now-- in this moment-- no number on the scale or in the back of our jeans will ever change that. Happiness and self acceptance are yours for the taking today--they are not exclusive to the future. There is no one day-- I will love myself, there is just today--to love yourself.

The past gives us the platform to enjoy today and the future pushes us back to being in the moment.

Today I vow to live in the moment, to inhale the joy of my life with it's ups and down as effortlessly as the rise and fall of my chest, to accept all aspects of my body, my size, my shape, the roundness of my belly, my stretch marks-- because no one else's body is like mine.

The past demands that I enjoy today and the future is yet to me. So in this moment, I enjoy life because NOW is when I breathe.....

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

Label Cloud